Friday, November 4, 2011

Throwing it away...

Our church homecoming is Sunday, and Thanksgiving is coming up...so I'm in a state of pure craziness. I'm proud that I've gotten in as much exercise as I have, though hope to do even better next week. I've made a conscious decision to go to the gym at least two days, and have taken walks some of the other days.  I'm coughing my head off today, so I'm kind of staying planted-- but I suppose even that comes under the category of "self care."

Today is baking day.  I've baked two apple pies and will bake two pecan pies (one each for homecoming, and one of each to go in the freezer for my thanksgiving meal.)  The pies weren't a temptation because I've never much cared for pies in general, and especially not the apple or pecan varieties.  But I love frozen pie dough.  In my mind, it's almost as much fun as raw cookie dough.  Pie dough loses something for me once it's cooked--and I'll even go to great lengths to eat around it.  But you can't beat a hunk of gooey pie dough.   Usually, I would have done more than my fair share of tasting the would-be crust, but today I threw it right in the trash.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

I tried on clothes earlier this week, and was not at all pleased by what I discovered.  If I don't watch it, I'm going to go up a size, which will make the Pudgy Parson a very grouchy parson...

No comments:

Post a Comment