Thursday, November 10, 2011

Make Mine Skinny...?!

Let's be honest here.  I LOVE Starbucks, but definitely not for their regular cup of joe.  That's way too strong for me. But I really love things like the Pumpkin Spice Latte, the Salted Caramel Mocha, and my favorite this time of year, the Peppermint Mocha.

But fitness magazines and the like constantly remind me that these loves of mine will slow down weigh loss at a crazy rate--the reason these drinks is so good is that they are PACKED with calories. I feel guilty about having them at all, but not guilty enough to quit having them all together.

So when a friend of mine posted something on Facebook about Starbucks having a "skinny" peppermint mocha, I thought it was worth a shot.  At first I didn't love it...it definitely didn't taste like the amazing thing I was thinking of.  But as I had a few more sips, my brain tuned out and it brought the same smile to my face as the regular version. This may be a compromise I can live with.

Besides, I've lost ten pounds in the last few weeks by not eating out and watching my portions and trying to sneak in excercise where I can. It kinda makes me want to continue to do good things for my body, and if the words "Make mine skinny" translate into more than just my coffee, I will be a happy pudgeless parson.

No comments:

Post a Comment