Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where were you at 6 a.m.?

I was having a hot, sweaty time at the gym, because I knew if I didn't then, then I wouldn't.  And I can't say I've regretted the decision.  Since I exercised early, I have more energy, more focus, and more willpower. And I used the time to read a book (ipads are amazing!) which I won't have much other time to do in the next few weeks.  I used to run to a loud playlist, which was the only way I thought I could survive it.  But today I did the elliptical at a pretty good clip and enjoyed the reading.  Then I got on the treadmill and only ran for a little while.  Instead, I backed off the speed, and upped the incline considerably...and burned a heckofa lot of calories.  In less than an hour, I earned 12 Weight Watchers points (which would be awesome if I was actually following the WW program).

This week is my birthday, then next week is Thanksgiving...and then we're just in full fledged holiday mode.  Ask me how I feel as they get closer, but the last few days I've not been craving rich foods very much.  I'm still making the whole shebang, but since I'm not a thanksgiving-food lover, then maybe I won't go overboard too much.  The plan is to do as much exercising as possible these next few weeks, and enjoy what I want to in moderation.  Besides, exercise may just be what keeps me sane these next few busy weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment