Thursday, January 5, 2012

Note to Self

So after a late night at the hospital with a member of my congregation, I was just wiped out.  I was barely conscious to scowl as my alarm clock rang at 5 this morning, and I slept for another two hours.  Which of course meant that I didn't go to the gym or shake what my momma gave me by doing Zumba in the comfort of my living room.  At some point, I had to start being productive.

But here's the problem.  I haven't been productive at all.  And not only that, but all I've wanted to do is graze as I've attempted to be productive from home.  My mind has wandered, and I have no mental focus at all.  Wait.  What was I talking about?

Being the ever-observant one, I made a mental note.  Exercise is not only the key to weight-loss but apparently also the key to conquering the world. It also apparently has quite a bit to do with the internal voice in my head that keeps insisting I need "a little something for my tummy" as Winnie the Pooh (and my mom) say.  When I don't exercise, well... it just ain't pretty.  Now if you don't mind, I'm going to drink my third or fourth cup of coffee and resume my spot on the couch, and stare at the screen in hopes that a sermon shows up.  Or at least lament the fact that one hasn't shown up so far.  Which seems easier than actually going for a run right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment