Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mean voices in my head

Love this quote: "People often say that motivation doesn't last.  Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar, as quoted in the Jan/Feb edition of the Weight Watchers magazine.

We were at Chick-fil-a and Mom asked, "So how many points is that?" Like I would know off the top of my head.  Uh...which I definitely would have at one point.  But truth be told, points weren't even on my radar then (or since.) I could've looked it up with my happy iphone app, but once again, my motivation is flagging.  It seems like such a big goal (even though I keep telling myself to just lose ten pounds, which is a small easy to achieve goal, some mean voice in my head says, "Uh...ten plus fifty would be closer.")  And the weather in the mornings is making it hard to run (and the new bed is forcing, yes forcing, me to stay in it longer.)  And I'm busy.  And I feel like a ten or twenty minute workout is a waste of my time (which I know it isn't, but it's those mean voices again.)

And I'm making excuses.

Tomorrow, I won't sleep through my alarm.  Tomorrow I will hit the gym even if it is too cold to run in the morning.  Tomorrow I will find my motivation.  Tomorrow will be better.

Of course, as Annie so famously sang, "Tomorrow is always a day away."

No comments:

Post a Comment