Thursday, May 3, 2012

In the meantime...

Grrr... I've been thwarted!  When I went to run with the super-athletes at the running club, I heard the words I didn't want to hear:  "You need to stay off those shin splints for a while."  I'd been battling them for weeks, and probably knew that, but when the physical therapists said it, I finally took it to heart.  So for two weeks, I've not run.  I've rested, and I've iced, and I've stretched.  But I've also cycled and swam and ellipticaled. (Sure, that must be a word...)  But I've missed the running a little bit.  I've missed making progress on a goal.

But, wonder of wonders! All this cross training reminded my body of a time when I was swimming and biking and jalking-- a time when those things were the goal.  I thought I was working on doing a half marathon in December, and maybe I still am, but I've got tr-fever again.  I found one in Wilmington in July, and though the training time is a little shorter than I'd like, I think it's doable.  (Because I'm a rockstar? Or, at least because I'm crazy...) Now if only I could tri without doing the spandex.

A girl always needs a goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment