Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taking the Plunge

Whoa look at me, getting all brave! I did it.  I took the plunge.  I joined not one, but two, running clubs.  True confession:  I have never run with anyone else (except mandatory PE days... I cringe at those memories!) I have never run with other people because I was too intimidated, too afraid that I would look like a joke, too afraid that I couldn't keep up.  And maybe, too afraid to admit that I really want to be a runner.

But after looking and looking for clubs to join (I figured I could, you know, silently look at their message boards or something)  I finally found some near me.  Thanks RRCA!  And one of them looks like it might be a great starting place, maybe even filled with average people, not those superathletes that could run from here to the moon.  It says "Let's Run: We're running a 5k.  Can't run that far? No worries, walk it out. That's what we're here for!"

And the plan is that I might actually run with them.  I RSVP'ed to Thursday's event.  I'm excited. And nervous.  And definitely not wearing spandex.

No comments:

Post a Comment