Friday, December 2, 2011

To Cheesecake or Not to Cheesecake...that is THE question

It's been a rough week--really rough. Stress has been high, time and patience have been low.  If ever there was a week to have been a candidate for emotional eating, this would have been it.  But I haven't. I haven't hibernated on the couch and eaten my favorite comfort foods.  In fact I've exercised every day, and I've made what I consider to be healthy choices. 

Except yesterday when DH and I went on a date to the Cheesecake Factory.  It was a special thing, and it was something that we needed to do.  It was more than comfort food, it was heart-healing food.  Maybe with everything going on, I'm not as hungry as I would've normally been.  Or maybe its that I'm so ready to beat this weight-monster.  But whatever it is, I didn't have a hard time showing restraint.   I ordered a lunch sized portion and only ate half of that.  And instead of ordering my own cheesecake (ummm, hello... it is the cheesecake factory), I ate only a few bites of the one that DH ordered.  Sure, I could've faired much better at some other restaurant, but compared to the damage I've been known to do at the Cheesecake Factory, I came out ok.  Besides, thats what activity points and weekly points are for, because sometimes you just need to cut loose...a little. I know that today, I'll be back to watching it and even before we went, I planned a long walk on the trail to clear my head. 

To Cheesecake or Not to Cheesecake never would've been a question before.  But it was yesterday, and I'm glad I made a choice that allowed me some much needed fun and doesn't leave me feeling guilty today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment