Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fight

I'll be honest.  I moped yesterday.  I woke up with a really sore neck, and it got progressively worse all day long, despite the ice, heat and advil.  (At least this time, I don't think I hurt it in the gym. Feels like I've been sidelining myself with injuries lately.  This one was just a casuality of being alive and walking around in the world... I think.)

When I woke up at 2:45 this morning with the neck thing, my very first thought was "Oh, $#%&  no.  Today is heavy leg day, and you are NOT going to get in my way of leg day!" I wasn't even awake enough make that a conscious thought.

More than my body is changing.  Somewhere inside me, there is a fighter trying to come out. My 2014 starword was triumph.  Somewhere, I am ready, really ready, to rock and roll.  To not be knocked down, or at least to get up quickly when I am.  To not stop until I'm living my wildest dreams. To challenge and push and break through barriers.

It's more ice, heat and advil today.  Because assuming I won't hurt myself by going (and I'll talk to He-who-trains first), I have a date with the squat bar and leg press machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment