Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's the end of the world as I know it...

After getting tired of hearing me whining about being stuck, He-who-trains came up with a new way to torture me:  two workouts per day, 1200 calories and very few carbs.  And then he helpfully added "and I'd better not get any texts about how hungry you are."  I was joking around and thought I was telling him that I was completely ok with this and said "Oh, I may still whine, but ok."  And he made a very good point. "No whining" he said.  "Your attitude affects your success." (Or something similar.)

He's right.  (Of course he's right.  He's always, irritatingly, eye-rollingly right.) I hadn't given much thought to that.

And I'll take that to heart in other areas.  But I'm actually looking forward to this in several ways.   First of all, I guess this sounds lame-o, but there won't be a lot of choice involved. (Kinda like how I was the only high school senior who liked having standardized dress--there was very little planning involved in getting ready for school.)  600 calories are taken up with protein shakes, and then another 160 or so with a fruit and milk preworkout snack.  That only leaves 400ish calories that I have to figure out (and that won't provide a lot of options!)  I like that I don't have to figure out a solid breakfast-- that's been a struggle since I was a kid.  I'm just not a meat and eggs sort of person in the morning. Even oatmeal was a struggle some days.  But liquid breakfast that requires no planning? Yes, please! I'm also pretty excited about the exercise time in the morning.  I've missed that since I started training in the afternoon.  That was always "my" time-- time to think in some ways.  Nevermind that it sets a better, more productive tone for the rest of the day.

I'm betting He-who-trains expects me to be pretty miserable, but to see results.  But even if I am hungry-- so what? There's so much much about this that makes my life easier.  And I expect it to work. Besides, I'm in a place in my life where I'm done taking the easy route.  Been there, done that, got the (much larger) Tshirt.   I don't need easy-- I need all this excess to go away.

Hey.  It's the end of the world as I know it.  And I feel fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment