Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"Run, run, run...fast as you can!"

"...can't catch me-- I'm the stinky cheese man" (a slightly grumpier version of the Gingerbread Man)

I'm not the stinky cheese man--though I think my DH might argue that I'm fairly ripe by time I wander home-- but I feel like I'm running as fast as I can, not to be caught.  (uhh... terrifically slow time notwithstanding...I don't think I'm actually running much faster than a good speed walk, but that's beside the point.)  I'm on fire, having now convinced myself to run just shy of four miles yesterday.  I wake up thinking about running, I get grouchy if I can't.  It's becoming a beast inside of me.  I am running a 5k next Saturday, and for the first time, I think I might run the whole thing.   It's a small accomplishment, but huge to my mind--because for most of my life, that seemed like the obstacle I could never overcome.  And being as big as I've gotten, the fact that I'm able to do this now is nothing short of amazing to me.

I'm getting ready to switch from the 5k app to the 10k app, and already have the date of a half marathon on my calendar.  Uh...on my anniversary. DH won't mind, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment